Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2012

Planning ahead


I hope you all had a very enjoyable Christmas. I also hope that you've found many hobby-related presents under the Christmas tree (or in your Christmas stockings). I for myself was very lucky indeed and have recieved an army of perry HYW figures. So together with my Samurai/Korean project these figures will be the big project for next year - and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Speaking of it, I now have finished the plan for my 100 points DUX Korean adaption. Here it is:

100 points Korean army


The last weeks I have read the "Imjin war" by Samuel Hawley - a thoroughly reserched and very, very well written account of the Japanese-Korean war in the late 16th century. Sadly the book is out of print, and I was only able to akquire a used version at a very high prize. Yet given the quality of the book it was well worth its money (or even more). I can not recommend the book highly enough.



The reading is very inspiring, and even if many of the accounts are shocking from an humanitarian perspective (to say the least), the period itself is very exciting and full of potential. By reading the text I could see the armies unfold on the hilly ground of Korea, and I'm looking forward to bring the Perry figures which I've treasured for so long to live with the DUX Britanniarum adaption. There'll be quite a bit more about this project in the near future.

For now I wish you all the best, enjoy the last days of 2012 and make the best of them. Take care,
Tobi 

3 Kommentare:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the projects!

    Christopher

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Very interesting project! Seems we both are working on similar armies. Warmest Regards and Best wishes for the New Year. Dean

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Many thanks to you both! Yes Dean, but while your army is already finished and looks great, mine is only about 50% finished... Still, a fantastic army from the Perries. I wish they would complete the Era with Ming Chinese...

    AntwortenLöschen